Requested from BI by PERRY SOLANO at 05:32 AM on
Sep 17, 2019.
Purpose: Research and Development, Law School
Date of Coverage: 03/21/2001 - 03/01/2019
Tracking no: #BI-864391917703
PERRY 05:32 AM, Sep 17, 2019
May I respectfully request for a copy of
Memorandum Order No. ADD-01-005 March 21, 2001 which refers to the procedure for blacklisting of foregin nationals, or if any updates has been issued by the Bureau of Immigration regarding the said procedure.
BI-National Operations 01:56 PM, Sep 17, 2019
September 17, 2019
Thank you for your request dated Sep 17, 2019 05:32:37 AM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for Memorandum Order No. ADD-01-005.
We received your request on Sep 17, 2019 05:32:37 AM and will respond on or before Oct 08, 2019 05:32:37 AM, in accordance with the Executive Order's implementing rules and regulations.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://www.foi.gov.ph/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHAsSB0NvbnRlbnQiD0JJLTg2NDM5MTkxNzcwMww, for request with ticket number #BI-864391917703.
BI-National Operations Center (BINOC)
Legal 05:20 PM, Oct 04, 2019
October 4, 2019
Dear PERRY SOLANO,
I refer to my letter of Sep 17, 2019 05:32:37 AM; about your request under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for Memorandum Order No. ADD-01-005.
Our response to your request is due on Oct 08, 2019 05:32:37 AM. Unfortunately, it is taking longer than expected to deal with your request because your inquired document needs to be retrieved and studied if there are updates.
I apologize for this delay but have applied for an extension so we could work further on your request. We hope to be able to send you a response on or before Nov 05, 2019 05:32:37 AM.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://pcoomaster03072019100000-dot-efoi-ph.appspot.com/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHAsSB0NvbnRlbnQiD0JJLTg2NDM5MTkxNzcwMww, for request with ticket number #BI-864391917703.
Legal 03:59 PM, Dec 02, 2019
December 2, 2019
Dear PERRY SOLANO,
Thank you for your request dated Sep 17, 2019 05:32:37 AM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.
You asked for Memorandum Order No. ADD-01-005. Such Memorandum is based on Commonwealth Act (C.A.) No. 613, section 29 as amended. Both have the same content.
Response to your request
We were able to determine that this particular information is already available online and therefore cannot be counted as a valid FOI request. You may retrieve your requested information from <ihttps://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/1940/08/26/commonwealth-act-no-613/>.
SEC. 29. (a) The following classes of aliens shall be excluded from entry into the Philippines:
(1) Idiots or insane persons and persons who have been insane;
(2) Persons afflicted with a loathsome or dangerous contagious disease, or epilepsy:
(3) Persons who have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude;
(4) Prostitutes, or procurers, or persons coming for any immoral purposes;
(5) Persons likely to become, public charge;
(6) Paupers, vagrants, and beggars;
(7) Persons who practice polygamy or who believe in or advocate the practice of polygamy;
(8) Persons who believe in or advocate the overthrow by force and violence of the Government of the Philippines, or of constituted lawful authority, or who disbelieve in or are opposed to organized government, or who advocate the assault or assassination of public officials because of their office, or who advocate or teach principles, theories, or ideas contrary to the Constitution of the Philippines or advocate or teach the unlawful destruction of property, or who are members of or affiliated with any organization entertaining or teaching such doctrines;
(9) Persons over fifteen years of age, physically capable of reading, who cannot read printed matter in ordinary use in any language selected by the alien, but this provision shall not apply to the grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, wife, husband or child of a Philippine citizen or of an alien lawfully resident in the Philippines;
(10) Persons who are members of a family accompanying an excluded alien, unless in the opinion of the Commissioner of Immigration no hardship would result from their admission;
(11) Persons accompanying an excluded person who is helpless from mental or physical disability or infancy, when the protection or guardianship of such accompanying person or persons is required by the excluded person, as shall be determined by the Commissioner of Immigration;
(12) Children under fifteen years of age, unaccompanied by or not coming to a parent, except that any such children may be admitted in the discretion of the Commissioner of Immigration, if otherwise admissible;
(13) Stowaways, except that any stowaway may be admitted in the discretion of the Commissioner of Immigration, if otherwise admissible;
(14) Persons coming to perform unskilled manual labor in pursuance of a promise or offer of employment, express or implied, but this provision shall not apply to persons bearing nonquota immigration visas authorized by section twenty of this Act;
(15) Persons who within one year prior to the date of application for admission have been excluded or deported from the Philippines, but this provision may be waived in the discretion of the Commissioner of Immigration;
(16) Persons who have been removed from the Philippines at the expense of the Government of the Philippines, as indigent aliens, under the provisions of section forty-three of this Act, and who have not obtained the consent of the Board of Commissioners to apply for readmission; and
(17) Persons not properly documented for admission as may be required under the provisions of this Act.
(b) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, the Commissioner of Immigration, in his discretion, may permit to enter any alien properly documented, who is subject to exclusion under this section, but who is–
(1) An alien lawfully resident in the Philippines who is returning from a temporary visit abroad;
(2) An alien applying for temporary admission.
Is this request offensive?
Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid requests for Official Information.
If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators.