Bureau of Internal Revenue

Browse over 6108 requests from this government agency

Go Back

    You have submitted an FOI request

    Date: 2022-09-29 13:40:36.699362


    Your request is already in review


    Your request was denied

    Date: 2022-09-29 15:04:03.210758

  • 4


    How was your request?

Request for Income Tax Return (Form 2316)

Requested from BIR by C. C at 01:40 PM on Sep 29, 2022.
Purpose: Visa Documents
Date of Coverage: 01/01/2006 - 12/30/2012
Tracking no: #BIR-245539647437

C 01:40 PM, Sep 29, 2022

Hello. May I please request a copy of my ITR for FY 2006-2012? I have lost my copies and my previous employer couldn't provide me with a copy as well since as they have archived the records already. 

At the very least, can I get a statement from your office indicating that I paid tax for the years 2006 - 2012 indicating the name of my employer?

I appreciate your assistance on this matter.


September 29, 2022



Thank you for your request dated Sep 29, 2022 under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.

Your request

You asked for Request for Income Tax Return (Form 2316).

Response to your request

In connection with your request through eFOI Portal pertaining to the request for a copy of BIR Form 2316 as a Substitute Income Tax Return for Taxable Year/s January 1, 2006 to December 30, 2012.

Please be informed that per record/files of the district office/s for the aforementioned years of 2006 to 2012 of Certificate of Withholding Taxes (BIR Form 2316) were already unavailable and was sent to archive for Records Disposition as it was more than five (5) years of safekeeping and retention period based on Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 73-2008 –Records Disposition Schedule of the Bureau of Internal Revenue which was approved by the Acting Executive Director of the National Archives of the Philippines (NAP) on June 5, 2008.

It will be practical and appropriate for you to refer to your employer/s and ask for the said copies where it actually originated. 

Hence, you may ask your previous employer for the copy/ies of your Certificate of Compensation Payment/ Tax Withheld (BIR Form 2316) because all taxpayers are required to preserve their accounting records for the period of 10 years in accordance with the Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 29-2019.

Thank you.

Respectfully yours,

FOI Officer
Public Information and Education Division

Is this request offensive?

Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid requests for Official Information.

If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators.