Requested from BOI by Gretshine Milay at 05:21 PM on
Aug 20, 2019.
Purpose: research - mba student (feasibility study)
Date of Coverage: 01/01/2015 - 08/20/2019
Tracking no: #BOI-001452909322
Gretshine 05:21 PM, Aug 20, 2019
Hi I would like to request an information regarding on the following:
1.) compound annual growth rate of fish sauce in the philippines over 5 years (2015-2019 or 2014 - 2019)
2.) number of fish sauce maker in the philippines.
3) any study regarding fish sauce industry or product itself
Clarisse 10:47 AM, Aug 30, 2019
August 30, 2019
Thank you for your request dated Aug 20, 2019 05:21:49 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for potential of fish sauce industry.
We received your request on Aug 20, 2019 05:21:49 PM and will respond on or before Sep 10, 2019 05:21:49 PM, in accordance with the Executive Order's implementing rules and regulations.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://www.foi.gov.ph/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHQsSB0NvbnRlbnQiEEJPSS0wMDE0NTI5MDkzMjIM, for request with ticket number #BOI-001452909322.
Francis 01:14 PM, Oct 11, 2019
October 11, 2019
Dear Gretshine Milay,
Thank you for your request dated Aug 20, 2019 05:21:49 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.
You asked for potential of fish sauce industry.
Response to Request
Your FOI request is approved. Hereunder is our response to your inquiry:
1. Compound annual growth rate of fish sauce in the Philippines over 5 years (2015-2019 or 2014 - 2019)
• Average growth from 2013-2018 was around 1.98% per year (by sales volume) and 4.62% per year (by sales value). Source: Euromonitor, 2019
• Attached is a copy of Euromonitor’s publication on the Philippines’ sauces, Dressings and Condiments Industry as of November 2018 (latest), for your reference
2. Number of fish sauce maker in the Philippines
• Full list of fish sauce makers may be requested from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)/
• Major patis producers in the Philippines include Nutri Asia (brand: Datu Puti), Silver Swan Manufacturing Corp. Inc. (brand: Silver Swan), Lorenzana food Corp. (brand: Lorins), Piñakamasarap Corp. (brand: Marca Piña), Tentay Foods and Sauces, Inc. (brand: Tentay) and Rufina & Co. (brand: Rufina Patis)
3. Any study regarding fish sauce industry or product itself
• Attached is a copy of the Condiments Industry Profile made by the BOI (needs updating) and the Condiments Industry Roadmap.
• Please note that the Condiments Industry Roadmap is a confidential document and may not be inappropriately quoted/cited, reproduced or shared without prior approval of the DTI-BOI.
Our apologies if it took some time for us to respond to your inquiry. We sought for the assistance of the administrator of the FOI website on the same day of our our receipt of your request on 30 August 2019 since we could not retrieve your request. However, technical issues were resolved just recently.
Your right to request a review
If you are unhappy with this response to your FOI request, you may ask us to carry out an internal review of the response by writing to Director Nestor P. Arcansalin of the BOI Resource-Based Industries Service (RBIS) through e-mail NPArcansalin@boi.gov.ph. Your review request should explain why you are dissatisfied with this response, and should be made within 15 calendar days from the date when you received this letter. We will complete the review and tell you the result within 30 calendar days from the date when we receive your review request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Office of the President under Administrative Order No. 22 (s. 2011).
FOI Receiving Officer
CONDIMENTS - Roadmap (as of 09 December 2015) (1).docx 07 March 2017 Condiments Industry Profile (1).docx Sauces_Dressings_and_Condiments_Packaging_in_the_Philippines.pdf
Is this request offensive?
Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid requests for Official Information.
If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators.