Requested from DOLE by Eugene Maldonado at 07:19 AM on
Aug 27, 2020.
Purpose: Dole akap financial assistance
Date of Coverage: 07/01/2020 - 08/27/2020
Tracking no: #DOLE-617673037184
Eugene 07:19 AM, Aug 27, 2020
Hi, i would like to follow up the status of my financial assistance from Dole. which i requested 3 weeks ago. i am a ofw who are affected by covid 19 retrenchment, and requesting to receive a financial assistance. thank you and hoping for your prompt reply.
Herminia 11:55 AM, Sep 02, 2020
September 2, 2020
Thank you for your request dated Aug 27, 2020 under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for Dole Akap financial assistance.
We received your request on Aug 27, 2020 and will respond on or before Sep 17, 2020 07:19:32 AM, in accordance with the Executive Order's implementing rules and regulations.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://twdbcwd20190204-dot-efoi-ph.appspot.com/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHgsSB0NvbnRlbnQiEURPTEUtNjE3NjczMDM3MTg0DA, for request with ticket number #DOLE-617673037184.
Zyra Glerica Perlora
Michelle 08:08 AM, Sep 03, 2020
September 3, 2020
Dear Eugene Maldonado,
Thank you for your request dated Aug 27, 2020 07:19:32 AM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.
You asked for Dole Akap financial assistance.
Response to Request
For DOLE-Abot Kamay ang Pagtulong (AKAP) for OFWs, the following shall be eligible for the DOLE-AKAP:
1. Those who have experienced job displacement due to the receiving country’s imposition of lockdown or community quarantine or having been infected by the Disease;
2. Must be still at overseas jobsites, or in the Philippines as Balik-Manggagawa, or already repatriated to the Philippines; and
3. Must not receive any financial support/assistance from the receiving countries/employers.
FOR OFWs WHO HAVE BEEN REPATRIATED / BALIK-MANGGAGAWA OFWs who have been repatriated to the Philippines and Balik-Manggagawa are instructed to apply on-line, following these steps:
1. On your browser, type http://dole-akap.owwa.gov.ph and provide all required information, and click “NEXT” button;
2. Upload the following requirements on the specified button:
a. Copy of Passport or Travel Document;
b. Copy of flight ticket or boarding pass evidencing return to the Philippines or arrival stamp/sticker attached in the Passport;
c. Proof of overseas employment i.e. valid verified overseas employment, OEC, residence I.D.s, visa/re-entry visa, among others or permit to stay in the receiving country; and
d. Proof of loss of employment on account of COVID19 or proof that the host country/ies are included in the list of those heavily affected by the COVID-19 (i.e. notice of termination of employment or closure of the company issued by the Foreign Recruitment Agency or principal/employer, incident report on the termination of employment submitted by the employer to the POLO concerned, Philippine Embassy/Consulate/POLO/OWWA certification/referral of displacement due to COVID-19, among others.)
e. For Qualified Undocumented Worker—proof that he/she and the employer have undertaken the necessary documentation to regularize her stay in the host country such as copies of employment contract, payslip, work visa, or other proof of employment.
f. Upon uploading necessary requirements, click “SUBMIT” button where a confirmation prompt will appear. In addition, a system-generated confirmation receipt will be sent to your e-mail.
3. The concerned OWWA Regional Office through its OWWA Officers will conduct validation/evaluation of received applications with complete documentary requirements, and approve/deny the application, whichever is applicable. During validation or verification of documents submitted, our OWWA Officers may call you through the provided contact details or FB Account. Please cooperate and be ready to show the actual documents, id so required.
4. Once approved, your documents will be submitted to the concerned DOLE Regional Office for funding through Money transfer or PESO Net, within five (5) working days upon approval.
FOR OFWs ON-SITE. Please get in touch with the nearest Philippine Labor Office (POLO) to avail the “DOLE-AKAP for OFWs” Program.
ALL SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS FOR “DOLE-AKAP FOR OFW” ARE TO BE DONE THROUGH ONLINE.
For more information/ follow-up, visit facebook.com/owwacares or call OWWA Hotline at 1348, or call OWWA Regional Welfare Office No. IV-A at 0951-244-1378/0917-536-9436 or email
email@example.com or you may also resubmit your request addressed to the correct agency on the eFOI portal at https://www.foi.gov.ph/requests?agency=OWWA
For further information, you may visit the FAQ section of the eFOI site: https://www.foi.gov.ph/help.
Your right to request a review
If you are unhappy with this response to your FOI request, you may ask us to carry out an internal review of the response by writing to Secretary Silvestre H. Bello III at DOLE Building, Muralla St., Intramuros, Manila. Your review request should explain why you are dissatisfied with this response, and should be made within 15 calendar days from the date when you received this letter. We will complete the review and tell you the result within 30 calendar days from the date when we receive your review request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Office of the President under Administrative Order No. 22 (s. 2011).
Thank you so much and keep safe!
ROVELINDA A. DELA ROSA
Is this request offensive?
Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid requests for Official Information.
If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators.