Requested from FDCP by Katrina Santiago at 10:41 PM on
Sep 02, 2018.
Date of Coverage: 12/15/2016 - 09/02/2018
Tracking no: #FDCP-945813257690
Katrina 10:41 PM, Sep 02, 2018
In over two years, the FDCP has been entering into agreements with SM Cinemas. First for three-year MOA for Cine Lokal, and then for Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino. It is important for the cultural sector to know what these deals are between an oligarch-run company and a cultural government agency.
- What does SM stand to gain with these deals?
- How much does FDCP spend on these festivals?
- How much does FDCP earn?
- How much do the independent filmmakers earn?
The public has a right to know what these deals are. We have a right to hear the answers to these questions.
Jun Karlo 05:22 PM, Oct 15, 2018
October 15, 2018
Thank you for your request dated Sep 02, 2018 10:41:58 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for MOAs between FDCP and SM Cinemas.
We received your request on Sep 02, 2018 10:41:58 PM and will respond on or before Sep 21, 2018 10:41:58 PM, in accordance with the Executive Order's implementing rules and regulations.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://www.foi.gov.ph/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHgsSB0NvbnRlbnQiEUZEQ1AtOTQ1ODEzMjU3NjkwDA, for request with ticket number #FDCP-945813257690.
Jun Karlo Laroza
Emelita 12:00 PM, Oct 16, 2018
October 16, 2018
Dear Katrina Santiago,
Thank you for your request dated Sep 02, 2018 10:41:58 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.
MOA between FDCP and SM for Cinelokal and Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino:
1. What does SM stand to gain with these deals?
2. How much does FDCP spend on these festivals?
3. How much does FDCP earn?
4. How much do the independent filmmakers earn?
1. SM affirms its support for the Philippine film industry which includes our independent film producers. They gain in this deal by the expansion of their content and by inviting a new set of audience. It also brings SM Cinema closer to its goals by becoming not only the largest , but the most diverse film exhibitor in the country.
2. The FDCP spends almost P1 Million for promotions expenses
3. FDCP earns for CY 2017 P958,988.80 ans as of August 2018 P260,755.20 for cinelokal and none for Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino
4. Independent Filmmakers earn in totals P4,794,944 for 56 films shown in CY 2017 and P1,043,020.80 for CY 2018 as of August for 38 films shown for cinelokal .
If you are unhappy with this response to your FOI request, you may ask us to carry out an internal review of the response by writing to Chairperson Mary Liza B. Dino @firstname.lastname@example.org. Your review request should explain why you are dissatisfied with this response, and should be made within 15 calendar days from the date when you received this letter. We will complete the review and tell you the result within 30 calendar days from the date when we receive your review request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Office of the President under Administrative Order No. 22 (s. 2011).
FOI Receiving Officer
Is this request offensive?
Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid requests for Official Information.
If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators.