Fabroa 08:19 PM, Sep 11, 2022
Hi! I would like to request the following information about Nanotechnology for my design capstone proposal titled as "A Proposed Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology Research and Development Hub."
1. Architectural Spaces for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology Facility
2. Equipments for Advanced materials and Nanotechnology Facility
3. Industries who uses Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology in Philippines
Pallaya 10:23 AM, Sep 13, 2022
September 13, 2022
Thank you for your request dated Sep 11, 2022 08:19:41 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for Equipment and Architectural Spaces of Nanotechnology.
We received your request on Sep 11, 2022 08:19:41 PM and will respond on or before Sep 30, 2022 08:19:41 PM, in accordance with the Executive Order's implementing rules and regulations.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://www.foi.gov.ph/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHgsSB0NvbnRlbnQiEUlUREktNjQyOTM4OTE2MjEyDA, for request with ticket number #ITDI-642938916212.
DOST-ITDI 10:28 AM, Sep 14, 2022
September 14, 2022
Dear Hans Fabroa,
Thank you for your request dated Sep 11, 2022 08:19:41 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.
You asked for Equipment and Architectural Spaces of Nanotechnology.
Response to Request
Your FOI request is approved. Below are the details of our answer based on your query. For further information, you may consult our expert at the Material Science Division through their email at email@example.com.
1. Architectural Spaces for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology Facility : DOST-ITDI through the Materials Science Division (MSD) has the Nanotechnology laboratory and Advanced Device and Materials Testing Laboratory (ADMATEL) but does not have the architectural spaces for advanced material and nanotechnology facility
2. Equipment for advanced materials and nanotechnology facility: MSD has the following equipment for the Nanotechnology Laboratory: Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), Atomic Force Microscope (AFM), X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) , X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), Ball mill, Furnace. While ADMATEL has the following equipment: Focused Ion Beam -Field Emission Scanning Microscope ( FE-SEM), Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES) , Time -of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (TOF-SIMS) , thermal analyzers such as FTIR, DSC, DTA, TMA, sample preparation and external visual inspection equipment
3. Industries who uses Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology in the Philippines; medical, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, environment, energy, food, manufacturing
Your right to request a review
If you are unhappy with this response to your FOI request, you may ask us to carry out an internal review of the response by writing to the Department Central Appeals and Review Committee, Department of Science and Technology, General Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig City. Your review request should explain why you are dissatisfied with this response and should be made within 15 calendar days from the date when you received this letter. We will complete the review and tell you the result within 30 calendar days from the date when we receive your review request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Office of the President under Administrative Order No. 22 (s. 2011).
FOI Decision Maker, DOST-ITDI
FOI Receiving Officer