Requested from PCOO by Rey Joseph Nieto at 09:55 PM on
Mar 13, 2018.
Date of Coverage: 10/27/2017 - 03/13/2018
Tracking no: #PCOO-320980378941
Rey Joseph 09:55 PM, Mar 13, 2018
I have received a reply to the eFoI request entitled "List of accomplished projects of Usec. Lorraine Badoy" (#PCOO-060551068720) and I checked the eFoI reply for completeness and responsivess.
What I saw, however, are mostly motherhood statements that do not really sufficiently address the eFoI request.
In that respect, may I request for the following documents:
1. In reference to Item 3 ("List of New Media-related proposed and implemented policies that Usec. Badoy has formulated so far."), may I request for Memos and Orders issued by Usec. Badoy.
Rey Joseph 09:56 PM, Mar 13, 2018
... Please exclude policies where she merely "provided inputs". The list provided in the previous eFoI request doesn't contain any of such nature.
2. In reference to Item 2 ("Summary of Accomplishments"), may I request for a list of dialogues and consultative meetings with "Visayas and Mindanao Bloggers", including the date and venue of these meetings, the names of blogger-participants, and the ensuing policies, whether proposed or enacted.
3. In reference to Item 2 ("Summary of Accomplishments"), may I request for the details of the Vis-Min bloggers' workshop that she facilitated, specifically her official role in the said workshop, along with the name of the workshop's organizers.
4. In reference to Item 2 ("Summary of Accomplishments"), may I have the dates when she attended Press Briefings (don't worry, they're not that many) along with details regarding her participation in each meeting (i.e. sitting throughout a meeting without doing anything doesn't count.)
Danica 10:05 PM, Mar 13, 2018
March 13, 2018
Dear Rey Joseph,
Thank you for your request dated Mar 13, 2018 under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for IN RE: #PCOO-060551068720.
We received your request on Mar 13, 2018 and will respond on or before Apr 06, 2018 09:55:48 PM, in accordance with the Executive Order's implementing rules and regulations.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://www.foi.gov.ph/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHgsSB0NvbnRlbnQiEVBDT08tMzIwOTgwMzc4OTQxDA, for request with ticket number #PCOO-320980378941.
Rey Joseph 06:56 AM, Mar 14, 2018
As an addendum to my request, I would also like to request for the following:
5. The dates on which New Media Usec Badoy formally consulted with Social Media Asec Uson RE social media policy. If she hasn't met with Asec Uson, please indicate that no meeting transpired.
6. Any reports that Usec Badoy filed after consulting with New Media Stakeholders, including the DICT meeting mentioned in the previous FoI reply, and the consultation with Vis-Min bloggers.
7. A more detailed description of Usec Badoy's participation in the NIC, e.g. New media-lectures and corresponding handouts/learning materials.
8. A short explanation on why Usec Badoy chose to exclude Luzon bloggers in consultations despite the fact that she's based in Luzon, i.e. Luzon bloggers are most accessible to her.
Kris 10:49 AM, Apr 04, 2018
4 April 2018
Dear Rey Joseph Nieto,
Greetings from PCOO!
I refer to your letter on 13 March 2018 about your request under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information (FOI) in the Executive Branch, for clarificatory information related to an earlier answered FOI request with tracking number #PCOO-060551068720.
Our response to your request is due on 5 April 2018. Unfortunately, it is taking longer than expected to deal with this request due to complexity and availability concerns.
I apologize for this delay but have applied for an extension so we could work further on your request. We hope to be able to send you a response on or before 4 May 2018.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at http://www.foi.gov.ph/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyHgsSB0NvbnRlbnQiEVBDT08tMzIwOTgwMzc4OTQxDA, for request with ticket number #PCOO-320980378941.
Assistant Secretary and
FOI Decision Maker
Kris 04:47 PM, May 07, 2018
7 May 2018
Dear Rey Joseph Nieto,
Greetings from PCOO!
Thank you for your request dated 13 March 2018 under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.
You asked for eight (8) follow-up information related to an earlier answered FOI request with tracking no. #PCOO-060551068720.
RESPONSE TO YOUR REQUEST:
Your FOI request is APPROVED. Please see answers from the Office of Undersecretary Lorraine Marie T. Badoy below:
1. Q: Request for Memos and Orders issued by Usec. Badoy.
A: All memos and orders issued by Usec. Badoy are internal to the PCOO as they contain privileged, sensitive, personal, and confidential information obtained by reason of official capacity. Said memos and orders issued by Usec. Badoy are covered by the inventory list of exceptions to Executive Order No. 02, s. 2016.
2. Q: List of dialogues and consultative meetings with Visayas and Mindanao Bloggers, including date and venue, names of blogger-participants and the ensuing policies, whether proposed or enacted;
A: The Social Media Bloggers dialogues and workshops conducted last December 2017 were organized by the Mindanao social media influencers/group, spearheaded by Ms. Janice Lao Oliva. Details such as the names and other information of the blogger-participants is protected by the Data Privacy Act of 2012, thus, disclosure of said personal information may be in violation of the said Act. Other details may be provided by the Organizer.
3. Q: Details of the Vis-Min bloggers workshop facilitated, role in the workshop and names of the organizer:
A: Usec. Badoy was invited as one of the speakers and discussed the PCOO communication strategy with Director Princess Duque, Dir. III for New Media. The Visayas-Mindanao Bloggers workshop was organized by the Mindanao social media influencers/group, spearheaded by Ms. Janice Lao Oliva.
4. Q: Dates attended Press Briefings along with the details regarding her participation in each meeting.
A: Usec. Badoy attended the Press Briefing in Marawi City on 27 December 2017 as representative of Secretary Martin Andanar, being the member of Task Force Marawi.
Usec. Badoy attended several Press Briefings held in the Malacañang Press Briefing Room. Unfortunately, since attendance was not recorded, we have no official data.
5. Q: The dates on which Usec Badoy consulted with Social Media Asec. Uson, regarding the Social Media policy.
A: As a matter of organizational hierarchy, it is Asec. Uson who should consult with Usec. Badoy regarding the proposed Social Media Policy and all other policies related to the functions of Usec. Badoy, in order to synchronize policy issuances. As of this date, none have been made.
However, please note that, the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), as the lead agency in drafting the Government Social Media Policy, conducted a series of meetings and consultations from December 2017 to March 2018, where Usec. Badoy and Asec. Uson Mocha were both invited.
6. Q: Reports that Usec. Badoy filed after consulting with New Media Stakeholders, including DICT meeting and the consultation with Vis-Min bloggers
A: The minutes of the DICT consultation meetings are with the DICT secretariat. On the other hand, the minutes or reports of the consultation dialogue with SocMed bloggers are with the respective organizers.
7. Q: Description of Usec Badoy’s participation in the National Information Convention (NIC)
A: Usec Badoy’s participation in the NIC is incumbent upon her as one of the high ranking officials of PCOO.
8. Q: Explanation on why Usec Badoy’s chose to exclude Luzon bloggers in consultations.
A: Luzon bloggers were not and will never be excluded in any consultations. The discussion/consultation/workshop/meeting with the social media bloggers/practitioners are on a per invitation basis. The consultation with Luzon bloggers was held in March 2018 by Dir. Princess Duque, the Dir. III for New Media.
YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST FOR REVIEW:
If you are unhappy with this response to your FOI request, you may ask us to carry out an internal review of the response by writing to the PCOO Central Appeals and Review Committee (CARC), ATTN: Undersecretary Marvin R. Gatpayat, 3F, New Executive Building, Gate 2, JP Laurel St., Malacanang, Manila. Your review request should explain why you are dissatisfied with this response, and should be made within 15 calendar days from the date when you received this letter. We will complete the review and tell you the result within 30 calendar days from the date when we receive your review request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Office of the President under Administrative Order No. 22 (s. 2011).
Assistant Secretary and
FOI Decision Maker
Is this request offensive?
Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid requests for Official Information.
If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators.