Requested from PHIVOLCS by Richdoll Chou at 03:39 PM on
Sep 26, 2018.
Purpose: Research and development.
Date of Coverage: 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2017
Tracking no: #PHIVOLCS-511167699513
Richdoll 03:39 PM, Sep 26, 2018
Hi! I would like to request for the following data of Famy, Laguna:
1. Active Volcano/ Volcanic Eruption, Lahar, Mudflow
3. Industrial/ Technological (Pollution, Radioactive Leaks)
4. Rapidity of arrival of hazard and its impact (very slow - drought, cyclone; rapid - earthquake).
5. Frequency of the occurrence of the hazard - seasonally, yearly, once in ten years, once in a lifetime.
6. Particular time of the year when hazards occur - wet or dry season.
7. Length of time the hazard is felt (e.g. days, weeks, months that an area is flooded).
8. Location of hazard prone urban areas.
Angela 01:44 PM, Oct 01, 2018
October 1, 2018
Thank you for your request dated Sep 26, 2018 03:39:34 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch, for More Hazard Data of Famy, Laguna.
We received your request on Sep 26, 2018 03:39:34 PM and will respond on or before Oct 17, 2018 03:39:34 PM, in accordance with the Executive Order's implementing rules and regulations.
Should you have any questions regarding your request, kindly contact me using the reply function on the eFOI portal at https://www.foi.gov.ph/requests/aglzfmVmb2ktcGhyIgsSB0NvbnRlbnQiFVBISVZPTENTLTUxMTE2NzY5OTUxMww, for request with ticket number #PHIVOLCS-511167699513.
02:51 PM, Oct 10, 2018
October 10, 2018
Dear Richdoll Chou,
Thank you for your request dated Sep 26, 2018 03:39:34 PM under Executive Order No. 2 (s. 2016) on Freedom of Information in the Executive Branch.
You asked for More Hazard Data of Famy, Laguna.
Response to Request
Your FOI request is approved. Here is our reply to your inquiries:
We will answer your request per item. PHIVOLCS mandate covers only volcanic and earthquake-related hazards. (For all other geologic hazards, please submit an FOI request or get in touch with DENR-MGB directly.)
Please note that only earthquake-related hazard may affect Famy, thus most of the answers will focus on earthquake.
1. Active Volcano / Volcanic Euption, Lahar and Mudflow: The nearest active volcano in Famy Laguna is Taal Volcano. Family if safe from any volcanic hazards from Taal Volcano. You may download information of Volcanic Hazard Maps at https://gisweb.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph
2. Tsunami: Famy Laguna is safe from tsunami since it is not a coastal barangay. Likewise, you may download tsunami hazard maps at the website cited above.
3. Industrial / Technological: For pollution you may consult Environmental Management Bureau (EMB) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). Please visit their website.
4. Rapidity of arrival of hazard and its impact. For earthquake-related hazard we still cannot predict the time of occurrence of an earthquake. In the event of a large magnitude earthquake, the damage would be very rapid, almost simultaneous to the ground shaking of the earthquake.
5. Frequency of occurrence of the hazard. For earthquake related hazard, large magnitude earthquakes that are devastating occurs on a larger interval of say greater than magnitude 7 is ~200years from its last movement at a particular fault.
6. Particular part of the year when hazard occur. For earthquake and volcanic eruption, they are not influenced by season since they are endogenic process.
7. Length of time of hazard is felt. For earthquake, ground shaking for large magnitude earthquake will be felt at around 1 minute.
8. Location of hazard prone areas. You may download hazard maps or information on the following websites:
Your right to request a review
If you are unhappy with this response to your FOI request, you may ask us to carry out an internal review of the response by writing to DOST Secretary Fortunato T. de la Peña at DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig City. Your review request should explain why you are dissatisfied with this response, and should be made within 15 calendar days from the date when you received this letter. We will complete the review and tell you the result within 30 calendar days from the date when we receive your review request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Office of the President under Administrative Order No. 22 (s. 2011).
FOI Receiving Officer
Is this request offensive?
Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid requests for Official Information.
If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators.